Friday, August 29, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

What a coincidence! It's been exactly 1 year since I last blogged! Since then I've run 2 half marathons and one 10K. The issue with my knee resurfaced (I don't think it was ever really gone)! I went to a different doctor this time who ordered an MRI.

In the MRI, it was discovered I had a small tear in the patellar tendon. After about 10 weeks of rest (including 4 weeks of physical therapy), I went for my first run for 20 minutes at a 13:00 pace. That was on August 6th. I'm making a slow comeback, I can feel that I'm out of shape. So far, after 11 runs I've run 24 miles in 5:14 minutes.

Also before I even went to the sports ortho, I had registered to run in the inaugural running of the San Antonio Rock and Roll Half Marathon! My goal there will be just to finish and not have any re-injuries. I've also signed up for the 10K distance of the World Wide Festival of Races on the weekend of October 11th/12th. I'm #470.

Another thing I've been playing with is Twitter! I like the micro-blogging of it rather than having to come up with stuff to write about! It took me a whole year to write just this much!

I've also discovered how to submit blogs by email. I tried the blog by mobile option but haven't been able to get it to work. Guess in a way that's good, so I can keep the micro blogs going to Twitter!

No comments: