Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Slow and Steady...

Haven't blogged for a couple of days...

So... yesterday (Monday) I planned on going running straight from work... I change (running shorts under pants) in my office. I head out like Clark Kent... Get to the park, I'm half naked now, put my tech shirt on, socks, then Doh! Left my dang running shoes at home!!!!! Grumble, grumble.... So I head home pick up my shoes and go back.... LOL

The MAF run itself went well! 3.5 miles avg pace, 13:39. After reading more on the MAF method I had decided to try not cheat so much, so I tried keeping my HR down below 132. So AHR was 128, Max 135.

At this point I feel good, like I can go further than the scheduled runs. Just hope I do pick up some speed later... I also read the MAF training should be at least 6-8 weeks. So I'll try and stick with it through August.

Going for 2 this evening!

1 comment:

Una said...

Great job Joe!